One of our commitments to our community is to participate in various philanthropic projects. These activities may take place at our monthly meetings, or they may be events out in the community at a separate time.
Some of the various projects we have completed in the past include:
- Providing care packages with miscellaneous supplies for parents with babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Mercy Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital.
- Festival of Trees and Lights to support Blank Children's Hospital
- Providing meals and other support to members of DMMOM who are in need.
- Members visit Mercy Medical Center and Iowa Methodist Mediacal Center to share wisdom and answer questions of families who are expecting multiples.
- We have provided new backpacks and school supplies for foster children in the Des Moines area. Donations given by members are matched by DMMOM.
- We've made new fleece blankets for the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit patients at the hospital. Donations of fleece given by members are matched by DMMOM.
- We adopt families for Christmas, giving items they are in need of and food pantry items.
Festival of Trees
Above - Care package supplies for NICU
Below - Care packages ready to be delivered